Sunday 15 January 2012

FIRE!

No posts for a while because of Hannah's extended special birthday. Sorry! So, here's some stuff that has happened recently(ish) that we haven't blogged about yet. More stuff to follow soon.

In our shed there was a lot of crap. The previous owner was obviously too scared to go in there because it looks like it's about to collapse and is somehow suspended 6 inches above the ground by a pile of bricks and some ivy (see here). I once went in there and a tomcat who had taken up residence screeched and ran out of a hole in the back, only to return at eye-level on the fence next to me and continue his screechy ways. What I mean to say is that hanging round the shed is a bit scary as plants and animals are actively seeking to return it to nature. It's like Planet of the Apes, or Logan's Run [check memory reference].

However, on one of my expeditions into the shed I found the original [check historical sources] fire surround/mantelpiece. 

I've been cleaning it up and might have to chop out a slightly rotten section. And maybe investigate woodworm treatments/possibility of contaminating our house with woodworm. I don't think the staircase could take a woodworm attack.

No comments:

Post a Comment