Friday 30 December 2011

Steps.

Look at that carpet! It looks like it smells of cat wee and has fleas.
Do you know what? You're probably right! It's got to go.

I think this photo shows up cat wee patches.

 So I ripped up the carpet, yeah.

 And used pliers, a hammer and a letter opener to pull up all the nails and staples and that. But what the flip is that? (I didn't hear you ask.)

 Tragedy! A piece of plywood over a step is not a good sign. What lies beneath?

 As it turns out, nothing. The edge of the stair was a little more worn than the others and I think the plywood was added so that the carpet didn't rub so much and wear through. Or at least that's what my archaeological instincts tell me. The keen-eyed amongst you will notice I've taken my jumper off here, because it's Hannah's and it was getting fluffy from underlay handling.

What the heck is going on at the back of my head? I'm not going back to that barber, even if he does do Colin Farrell and Prince William's hair.

These are the stairs (half complete). I flipping love the original paint and we might keep it cos it's heritage, like.

No comments:

Post a Comment