Sunday 31 July 2011

Enthusiasm still flagging but bedroom painting does get finished

Last night we went into central London to help start the celebrations for our friends Alex and Rosie's upcoming nuptials. Despite thinking we'd go for a quick drink to say hello we ended up running for the last tube. Gabe, Maria, we blame you and your excellent company! And the upshot is that we haven't done as much today as we thought we might.

Having said that I have cleared a lot of rubbish from the garden, finished painting the wood in the bedroom and made some ginger and lime cordial. And Jon's mended the lock on our door so we can actually open the door AND lock it, what a treat!

Now we've cleared the underlay in the bedroom so we can assess the floorboards. They're not as nice as the ones in the sewing room so we think we might paint them. Maybe a job for later on though, at the moment I just want to be in my bedroom and find where I packed my nail varnish.

Jon really likes taking photos of stripes

look at the sun pouring into my bedroom!


No comments:

Post a Comment