Tuesday 26 July 2011

Fridge and insect bite

Yippee! Jon has been told he can take the rest of the week off work as his training has been postponed.

Actually it's just as well because I've been pretty laid up today due to the BIGGEST INSECT BITE EVER!!!! Had to have my leg (knee pit bite, eeek) on pillows and everything. And the piriton I took to try and stop the swelling made me super sleepy.

But aside from that we've (ok, Jon's) made some good progress today.

While exposing skirting boards for painting in the sewing room we decided the floor boards looked ok so we're going to try exposed floorboards. Maybe come winter we'll decide we need carpets but right now we just want to get rid of the carpets. Either they (and their potential flea harbouring) or the ivy is responsible for my current pain so they have to go!

Wonder-Jon has been painting the skirting in my sewing room today, here's some before shots.... 


see, they're quite nice floorboards.

After... 


and he's done the window frame!


In other news, our fridge arrived! So now we can keep milk and stock up on white wine, phew!

Preparing tea. I managed to do this in my invalid state.


Prepare to see the ouch bite........









oh, it doesn't look as bad in a photo. But it really hurts and is really swollen, poor me.

meanwhile Jon keeps plugging away

his finished work, what a star! He even filled in the gaps in the skirting board with his special gun thing previewed earlier in the blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment