Monday 26 September 2011

It's curtains to undressed windows

Well actually that awful pun is a bit premature. I have started our bedroom curtains but I'm not finished yet. And my spool just ran out half way along a seam and I didn't notice until the end. So I'm in a bad mood with my curtains. I'm going to try and cheer myself up by showing you my work in progress. This is the first time I've made lined curtains so it's a new experience for me. I'm more used to making dresses out of curtains rather than actually using them to make curtains.

You can see that one thing hampering my curtain making is the fact that my sewing room has become a bit of a box repository in our enthusiasm for clearing the sitting room. Look how tidy it used to be!

I've never sewn anything with this much fabric before. I wish I had more space!

I will keep you updates on my curtain progress but I have a busy week ahead of me so don't hold your breath!

No comments:

Post a Comment