Monday 6 August 2012

The good stuff

Mum Guthrie came down to keep me company during my 2 weeks of unemployment and do some gardening today. This seems like a good excuse to show you some pictures of my Alys-wanna-be garden.

Look! Isn't it beautiful? And I can eat almost all of it!

Can you spot Mum doing some weeding next to the sunflowers?

Courgettes and beans and calendular and sunflowers!

Strawberries and chives and thyme!

Red chard and purple cabbages bring some tasty colour to the garden. I can't believe how far it's come in so few months. Can't believe what it looked like in December!

While Mum was here I also made her help me turn the compost into my new bin. This is because it would be dirty and a bit smelly and require heavy lifting and these are some of the things my Mum likes most about gardening, along with serious pruning.

Putting the tasty brown stuff in the new bin.

Giving it a good stir.


Red worms! Scrumptious!

No comments:

Post a Comment