Saturday 31 August 2013

Garden wish-list

I think I'm going to change the garden a bit. This summer it's been more than I can manage and I'm not going to be getting a whole heap of extra time anytime soon. We also want to make it a bit more future proof. So while John and Jon lofted, the Mothership cleared away all my salad crops that had shot to no good.

With a newly cleared space I thought it was time to have a think about my wish-list for the garden.
  • Space to eat and sit outside, at the moment if we have people over it feels very cramped.
  • Space for lying in the sunshine on a picnic blanket - I still don't like grass though, so maybe a flowering lawn.
  • Veg beds that are easier to maintain and keep weed free, maybe it's time to look at square foot gardening?
  • Better use of the back bit of the garden where the shed used to be.
  • Throwing out all the old pots I don't need, but keeping the little ones that are vital for seedlings.
With this in mind Mum Guthrie has dedicated part of her garden in the Warwickshire countryside to a clover lawn nursery. 

No comments:

Post a Comment