Saturday 4 May 2013

This isn't a lifestyle blog, you know!

There are several reasons why this is not a lifestyle blog. It's not like all those other house blogs you read that are mainly of scandi-style houses where no one lives. Sure, I grow amazing veg in my garden, make my own curtains and have candles in my fireplace but this blog is amateur and no-one is daydreaming about living here.

Reason #1: I'm too lazy to take good photos. I've got an A* in GCSE photography (don't you know) but I just can't be bothered to think/remember what I learnt over 15 years ago. Plus, when I was a lass my SLR was analogue, now we have a digital SLR and I haven't worked out how to use it properly and I'm far too reliant on auto mode.

Reason #2: People live in our house and those people are really messy and bad at putting things away. After putting up the curtain pole in the sewing room I noticed this corner of our landing and this sums it up very nicely.

Yes, that's the drill that broke in early December, and the advent calendar which has been down since January but has only made it to the top of the stairs. I don't even want to think about how long those bits of wood have been there.

The worst thing is that rather than tidying this landing I took a picture of it and came downstairs to blog about it instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment